Georgia DUI & DWI Attorneys
Aggressive defense for your DUI case
Being charged with a DUI (driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs) offense in Georgia is a serious matter with serious consequences. If you are convicted, you can lose your ability to drive, have to pay outrageous insurance premiums and even spend time in jail. When your liberty is on the line, you need a dedicated attorney to aggressively defend you in court. With more than 40 years of experience in handling DUI cases, Berk & Moss, P.C. has forged its reputation by being innovators in the field of DUI defense and by going the extra mile to ensure that clients get the best possible results.
Decatur lawyers standing up for your rights
The attorneys at Berk & Moss, P.C. do not allow the police or the prosecution to trample your rights. Berk & Moss, P.C. works together with clients to find out the whole story, and keeps clients informed through every step of the process. Our law firm understands Georgia’s DUI laws, and we pride ourselves on building defenses that make sense legally, logically and scientifically. Berk & Moss, P.C. fights to get charges dismissed and sentences reduced due to police misconduct, and scrutinizes every piece of evidence in your case to make sure both sides follow proper protocols and procedure. We fight the prosecution at every turn to ensure that you are treated with the respect you deserve, and we fight to achieve the results you desire.
How to protect yourself from the police
If you have been pulled over by the police, don’t let yourself become a victim. Follow these tips and keep yourself out of jail.
1. Do not be intimidated by the police. If you are nervous, a police officer may think you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Don’t give them the opportunity. Remaining calm and being polite are good ways to ensure that police officers will leave you alone.
2. Clean out your glove box. Fumbling through these compartments to find your registration or insurance can be easily misinterpreted for intoxication. Keeping your glove box or center console neat and clean allows you to swiftly grab your identification and present it to a police officer.
3. Do not let the police search your car. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DUI conviction. Do not allow the officer to perform a search without a warrant.
4. Get a blood test after release. Alcohol detection devices can be unreliable and malfunction. Don’t go to jail because of a broken machine. It’s a good idea to measure your BAC (blood alcohol concentration) with a blood test after arrest. At trial, your attorney can use that evidence to raise possible defenses.
5. Contact a DWI attorney immediately. Don’t let the police take your future away from you. Contact Berk & Moss, P.C. today.
If you have been arrested for DUI, you need an aggressive attorney who has the knowledge and experience to help you win. Call Berk & Moss, P.C. today at 404-373-7557 or contact us online to set up a consultation.